Sunday, January 22, 2006
Mark Oaten...
Well, I feel that it's my duty to comment on the allegations from the News of the World.
1. It was foolish of him to stand for leadership if he knew that this could come out at any time, and it's just as well that he stood down from the race before these allegations came about.
2. In the long run, this seems to be a bit more damaging. If he had just come out and said that he is bisexual (I presume that is how he identifies, as he does have two children, although this sort of thing is complicated), then most people would have been fine with it. I certainly don't think who he sticks his cock into has any effect on how well he does his job. Lots of people have affairs, and it's just unfortunate that someone kissed and told. I'm sure he'll bounce back up. He was on the right of the party, and now the leadership just seems to be about which candidate is more left wing.
3. erm... I may have overdone myself
Happy Birthday to fellow Lampeter student John.